365 Days of My
Today Little Miss did not want to go to school because she was tired and her legs hurt. Remember I love my Mondays, but I was in no mood for a fight this morning… So I caved. But there was one rule..
Rule: If she was tired, then she needed to rest on the couch. It wasn’t playtime or jump around time. It was rest time.
The leg thing honestly baffled me, until lunchtime. Where she ate everything, no picking at all… cleaned the plate and even went after mine too!! Then I fully understood. It’s another growth spurt, and a big one. Later she told me it hurt to always sit cross-legged like they do at school. So after she went to sleep, I sent a quick e-mail off to the teachers asking that she gets to spread her legs out a bit more when they hurt. Problem solved…
And after a long day of helping me out with the laundry. She asked, I’d be nuts to say no. It was time for a snuggle before bed. Now she is snoring loud enough I can hear her downstairs.
365 Days of Truth, Confessions of a Mad Woman
Last Mother’s Day. I was blue and cried when I read on Facebook how my other Mother friends had breakfast in bed, spa days and pampering. For me it was just another day… I was jealous and feeling left out.
But then I thought about it, and the way I look at it. I might not get manicures, massages and breakfast in bed one day a year, but… I don’t have to share my hugs. I get all the kisses and she tells me she loves me a million times a day. Those are gifts enough for me.
365 Days of Healthy Living
20 Uses for Coconut Oil
1. Cook with it, it is a good butter replacement.
2. Stir a bit into your tea to flavour it.
3. Warm some up to liquify it and make a yummy salad dressing.
4. Use it instead of shaving cream.
5. Use it as a hair treatment. Work 3-5T into your hair. Comb through and leave it overnight. Rinse. Enjoy soft manageable hair.
6. Use it as a diaper rash cream.
7. Extra Strength Moisturizer.
8. Use as an all natural daily moisturizer for face, body and lips.
9. Combine baking soda and coconut oil to make an all natural toothpaste.
10. All natural sexual lubricant.
11. Breastfeeding mothers can use this as a safe all natural nipple cream.
12. It can be used to removed gum out of hair.
13. Use it as a natural deodorant.
14. Use it to help heal small cuts and burns.
15. Use it as a massage oil.
16. Use it to remove your make up.
17. Use it to oil squeaky doors or toy wheels.
18. Apparently you can clean bronze with it.
19. They say if you mix coconut oil and peppermint oil it works as an insect repellent.
20. Can be used in mild to moderate cases of head lice.
And now for a bedtime laugh…